Feetness Pad: Fitness Studio in Marikina

I was almost willing to spend more bucks in the name of fitness just to take Circuit Training in QC or Makati. Until I found out that we have our very own fitness studio here in Marikina-- Feetness Pad!


Yes, you read it right and it was not a typo error. Feetness Pad, with their tagline "Be fit with you feet!" offers various classes for anyone who wants to lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. Classes range from dancing (Ballet or Belly Dancing), group workouts (Zumba or Cardio Circuit), to sports (Boxing), and more. Women from different ages frequent Yoga and Pole Fitness classes. And I bet they have something just for you! 


Meet Coach Jag Lacno. He handles 3 classes here in the studio: Floor, Core, and More, Cardio Circuit Training, and Boxercise. I attend all of his classes as much as I can. I appreciate how hands-on and encouraging he is as a coach. His professionalism and willingness to patiently explain these workouts and other fitness-related questions I throw at him won me over. I've become a regular since then. 

2 of my favorite classes are Cardio Circuit Training and Boxercise. 

Cardio Circuit Training, according to Coach Jag, is a method of training that involves combining both cardio and resistance training in the same workout, alternating between upper and lower body moves as well as high intensity and lower intensity exercises. The idea, he said, is a challenging, total body routine that offers better weight loss results in less time.

     4-Part Lateral Raises

     TRX Power Pull + TRX Y-Lunges

    Raised-leg Crunches

Above photos show only 3 of the many variations of workouts during Cardio Circuit Training.

Our Cardio Circuit class consists of 3 sets, and in each set we usually have "7 stations of PAIN" as we call it. In each station, we are tasked to do a certain workout for an amount of time (from 30 secs to sometimes 1minute 30 secs.) 

Don't be shocked to hear random shouting and growling out of pain, but it is the kind of pain that you would want! If it hurts, it just means you are doing it right! Good job! ;) "Why would one want this 'painful' experience?" you might ask. Some of the benefits of circuit training are fat loss and body conditioning. 



Another class that I personally loooove is Boxercise. An exercise class based on the training concepts boxers use to keep fit. Classes can take a variety of formats but a typical one may involve shadow-boxing, skipping, hitting pads, kicking punchbags, press-ups, shuttle-runs and sit-ups.

In this class, I channel the Manny Pacquiao in me. Good thing is that I don't get to leave anyone bruised or knocked-out (which I hate about boxing the sport.)



The above photos somehow paint a scene of the many combination workouts we do in our Boxercise class. I had to do a 30-second plank, ran towards coach, threw 20 straight punches; then repeat for 1 minute and 30 seconds. On to the next 4 other stations. These went on for 3 sets, where each set had a longer duration.


Here, coach and I had to do one push up, then I punch left, then he punches left as well, then repeat for 1 minute 30 seconds. Boxercise could be painful but as you can see, I can't even stop myself from smiling because it's also fuuun! 

Circuit training and Boxercise are just 2 of the many challenging classes in this studio. This year, Feetness Pad added more classes to their roster. Last week I tried their first Belly Dancing class. It was not as easy as I thought, but worth the try! Aside from the fact that I had fun, I have a new found respect for belly dancing. Next week, I'll try Pole Fitness. (wink!!)

Here's their updated schedule and list of classes you can enjoy this 2016!

This road to fitness is not just about losing weight, but a way of challenging myself -physically and mentally.


Start being fit with your feet for as low as P99/class! No membership fee.

Feetness Pad is located along Panorama near the border of Marikina and Antipolo. I love how it is strategically located near Lilac Street, because after workout diretso kainan na! Haha :p


FEETNESS PAD
2F DQ Building Panorama cor General San Diego Street, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City 
For inquiries, contact 0939-9211685
Open daily


Thank you Geoff (www.manilaurban.com) for the photos! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment