[FOOD] Ca Phe Saigon: Vietnamese food haven in Marikina


Every time I miss Vietnam, I exactly know where to go — to a place where my tastebuds would take me as far as Ho Chi Minh (but just 20 minutes from home), where the food and coffee is nothing more but authentic — Ca Phe Saigon in Marikina.


It has been almost a year since our Vietnam-Cambodia trip yet I feel that I still have an unfinished business with Vietnam. It was a significant trip for two reasons: one, it was our first time travelling together out-of-the-country as a family; and second, my personal first in a foreign land as well. The catch is –we were just in Vietnam for a day.

Well to redeem ourselves, we made sure to visit as many places possible in the city. Our day tour was packed! War Crime Museum, General Post Office, Notre Dame Cathedral, Reunification Hall, Thien Hau Temple were just some of the sights we visited. My day ended having an appreciation for Vietnam’s unfortunate yet strong history as a country and as a nation. But what I was not able to satisfy was my tummy. I did not have enough time (and the guts to walk on the streets alone) to search for authentic Vietnamese food. Still, this regret haunts me until now.

Back in the Philippines. Back home in Marikina. Luckily we have this hole in the wall Vietnamese coffee house owned by a friend of mine, Apple Bonifacio. We were classmates way back prep in St. Scho, formed our own barkada on our 4th Grade, now one of my closest friends til I die. I recall going to their house every year to celebrate her birthday; being served with those interesting looking rolls stuffed with noodles, cabbage, lean pork, basil, and shrimps to be dipped in a special sweet sauce with peanuts (all carefully prepared by the hands of her mom who is pure Vietnamese.) And I have not forgotten those tasty fresh rolls since. 

And today, not only can I devour those fresh rolls yearly during Apple’s birthday but any day of the week as Ca Phe Saigon has opened their doors to share these authentic Vietnamese food to everyone.

Fresh Rolls (Php 120)


Cabbage Salad (Php 100)


Steamed Rolls (Php 100)


Pho (Php 120)

Vietnamese Iced Coffee (Php 80) Ice to be added after the dripping process.

I've tried so many different brands and types of coffee in my life yet I always find myself craving for Ca Phe Saigon's Ca Phe Sua Da (as they call it in Vietnam)! Although I get extra hyper after. But it's just what I needed.

I usually order Fresh Rolls and Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I recommend you also try their Banh Mi and Pho. From what I've heard, they're adding more dishes to the menu. More reasons for me to come back!



Red Velvet Crinkles Php 200/dozen  (Must be pre-ordered)

Being friends with the owner has its benefits. We got a free dozen of Red Velvet Crinkles! Aside from Vietnamese food, Ca Phe Saigon also makes customized cakes and cupcakes perfect for any celebration. Check out their Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/SweetAppleCreations

Visit Ca Phe Saigon today! Bring your family, friends, or it could be just you and your book. 

But really, I need to visit Vietnam again. In the mean time, this suffices. 

CA PHE SAIGON
14 Red Cedar St. New Marikina, San Roque, Marikina City
Mobile: 0917 801 6411
Operating Hours: 11am to 10pm daily
Facebook: Ca Phe Saigon


No comments:

Post a Comment