[BIKING] New Work and A New Perspective

I SURVIVED MY FIRST WEEK AT WORK— Congratumalations, Ms. Sison!

This might be shocking to many as I’ve opted to try working at a different field. I’m doing marketing for Tourism Promotions Board (the marketing arm of the Department of Tourism). You guys know how much I love to travel and how much I find our own country beautiful so this job won’t come as much as a surprise to some. The “artist” side of me is still here as I will TRY to squeeze in some photography and short films because I know I will never let go of those things that makes me – ME.

(My first work ID.. Yey!)

My office sits along Roxas Blvd, in front of CCP, in one of my faves city in the country --- in Manila. As much as I love Manila, all of you may realize that it is nowhere near Marikina where I live. I was not discouraged from taking the job, nor did I think it was a hassle. Instead, it made me curious to know the different ways going to Manila from Marikina (during the rush hour!!). As Barney Stinson would say, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Monday: I took the shuttle from San Mateo – jeep from Kalaw – orange jeep from Vito Cruz to office.

Tuesday: Biked from home to LRT2 – LRT2 from Santolan to Legarda – biked along Ayala bridge, Roxas Blvd, to office.

Wednesday: Brought a car, passed by Batasan, Q. Ave going to Manila to office.

Thursday: (due to lack of sleep) My mom had to drive me to work so I can sleep during the trip. Thanks mom! <3

Friday: Parents drove me to LRT2 – LRT Santolan to Recto – walked from LRT2 to LRT1 – LRT D. Jose to Vito Cruz – walked to office.

Staying at a dorm was an option. But I don’t think that would be the best option for me as I will terribly miss coming home to my family.

Having to try 5 of the (many) different ways to go to the office, I found the best way that will work for me. Of course with so much convenience, having my mom take me to work as I comfortably sleep as she braves Manila traffic would make me a heartless child and a sadist – with the process of elimination, goodbye to that option. So I prefer, biking - lrt - biking to work! For the following reasons: 1) Spent a total of Php30 for transportation for that whole day. How cheap was that! 2) Traffic was the least of my concern. 3) Saw life from a whole new perspective --how things are beautiful at its simplest form. I'm talking about the sunrise, people getting ready for work, a "good morning" from a random person who was also biking to work, the strangers who helped me find my way to work, and a lot more that one would only truly appreciate if he/she tries biking.


What sunrise is like along Roxas Blvd.

Starting tomorrow, my Giant Expressway 1 foldie aka “Expresso” will be my best friend on the road. Weather please be kind. Because as long as it won’t rain, as long as my health is in good condition, as long as St. Michael watches over me – I will bike to work - I will be good. Wait.. I WILL FEEL GREAT. :)

"Bi-Modal Commuting" -- using two modes of tranportation

Yes, the risk and danger of commuting is there. But I'm willing to take that risk as I start tomorrow living with a whole new perspective on life as I now know where to look-- it is beautiful, it is simple.


Hope you had a great weekend! Advance happy Monday to us all! ;-)


Smiling, 
Jewels


PS.
IT IS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!
IT IS MORE FUN BIKING!

(Haha sorry I just had to :p)

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the fold at ingat biking to & fro sa trabaho :)
    -marco

    ReplyDelete